Vacancy for Maintenance & Technical Assistant
Salary: £15,750 to £17,115
Full-time (Monday to Friday)
Base: Cornwall Mobility, Truro
Cornwall Mobility is a registered charity who provides solutions, services and support to people of all ages in the South West who face independence and mobility challenges.
We are looking for an experienced general trades/technical/handyperson with a ‘can do’ and flexible attitude and excellent interpersonal skills to join our team. Full driving licence essential.
Your main duties will include:
• Delivering and collecting customers’ mobility equipment.
• Carrying out basic installation and repairs to customers mobility equipment (subject to appropriate training).
• Carrying out general internal and external maintenance and DIY work as required.
• Maintenance of the Centre’s fleet of vehicles (cleaning, carrying out basic vehicle checks, organising servicing and repairs).
• Assisting with setting up and dismantling promotional material at exhibitions and events.
To apply – download a job pack below or email [email protected] or phone 01872 254920
Closing date for applications – 12 noon Friday 27 October 2017
Interviews will be held during week commencing 6 November 2017
Unfortunately we are unable to consider previous applicants for this post.
Interested in helping out at a busy charity?
We are always interested in hearing from people who would like to come and work with us either as a volunteer, or in response to a particular need for a permanent employee.
We are keen to hear from people who might be interested in working in the following areas:
- Reception: To greet visitors to the Centre and manage the telephone.
- Customer Support: To help cover the equipment showroom, including client assistance and showroom maintenance.
- Equipment Collection / Delivery Support: Assist centre staff in the transportation of clients’ equipment to and from their home address.
We wish to continue to provide quality service for as many people in the community as we can with these essential roles.
Experience is welcome, but enthusiasm to learn and an ability to interact with our clients, is preferable.
We will provide training for you to familiarise yourself with our centre and the equipment.
If you are interested in helping us maintain the independence of other people, who face a mobility challenge in the South West, then please chat with us on 01872 254920 or email us on [email protected]