We are looking to recruit new Trustees to support the ongoing sustainability and future development and growth of our charity.
You may be aware of the core services that we offer including;
- Assessments (driving, scooters, powered wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs, specialist/comfort seating, bathing aids etc.)
- Supply (sale) of independent living equipment
- Servicing (scooters, wheelchairs, seating etc.)
- Fitting vehicle adaptations
- Beach wheelchairs located across Cornwall
We operate from a main centre in Truro with a satellite operation in Exeter. These are augmented by a number of outreach sites located across Devon & Cornwall.
What you may be less familiar with is the project work that we are involved in, an example being the ADAPT Project. ADAPT is seeking to develop;
- a smart and connected Electrical Powered Wheelchair (EPW)
- an EPW simulator platform using virtual reality
- a training course in assistive technologies/social assistive robotics for healthcare professionals
- growth in research & development and an understanding of the potential economic benefit created by the development of the EPW and simulator.
For more information please follow the link to the ADAPT website ADAPT website and/or the ADAPT summary document towards the bottom of this page.
For an overview of our operational year (2018/19) please take a look at the Cornwall Mobility 2019 Annual Report also located towards the bottom of the page.
In terms of our medium term future we are planning to increase our coverage across Devon & Cornwall to maximise the percentage of the client population that will be within a 30minute travel time of an accredited assessment location. We want to build upon the success of our equipment supply (sale) by increasing our geographical reach and ensure that the quality and responsiveness of our servicing and support that underpins our assessment and supply services is maintained. We also want to be further involved with project type work that aligns with our charitable objectives and our strategic ambition.
So, has this piqued your interest? Do you feel that you may have something to offer our charity to assist us in meeting our ambitions?
We welcome interest from all but would particularly like to hear from individuals who understand and operate within a local business context. Skills that we are seeking at this time include business acumen, marketing and promotion and individuals that might identify themselves as a ‘persuasive entrepreneur’
Interested and like to know more? Please contact us on 01872 254 920 and our Chief Executive, Simon Blamey, would be delighted to have a conversation with you.
Ready to apply? Please provide a current CV and a short covering letter highlighting the reason for your interest in the role and how you feel you could contribute. Documents should be emailed to [email protected]
Thanks for taking an interest in our charity and we look forward to hearing from you.