Do you have a disability or mobility challenge? Would you like to learn to drive or return to driving following an accident or illness? Our team of specialist driving assessors are here to help you.
We can assess your needs and teach you to drive in our specially adapted cars. We can also help you with the theory and hazard perception tests.
Our Instructors are all very friendly, patient and experienced Approved Driving Instructors who have specialist teaching skills and knowledge of medical conditions and mobility challenges.
If you live too far away for us to be able to help you, we can put you in touch with a Driving Instructor closer to your home address. We work with a broad network of Approved Driving Instructors from across the South West. These Instructors are chosen because of their knowledge and experience of teaching people to drive who have medical conditions, mobility challenges or who require adapted driving controls.
Assessing your needs
Our assessors are trained to assess people of all ages and abilities.
Young people with a disability can apply for their provisional licence at age 16.
Our assessment process includes:
- Talking about your needs and what you think the problems and solutions might be
- Checking your eyesight and your physical ability to use driving controls
- A Static Assessment Rig may be used to let you practice using adapted driving controls or to check your reaction times
- If you have a driving licence you can try out adaptations in one of our specially adapted cars on the road
- We will have a chat about what to do next so that we can help you start or get back to driving.