Cornwall Mobility Centre Limited fully respects the privacy of every individual who visits our website www.cornwallmobility.co.uk.
This privacy statement provides information on our data collection practices and of the ways in which the information may be used. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Cornwall Mobility Centre Limited of Mobility Centre, North Buildings, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Treliske, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3LJ whose data protection registration number is Z8027896.
Personally identifiable information
We receive personal information from visitors to our site only when such information is provided voluntarily, such as when our visitors request information, provide curriculum vitae information for employment or volunteer opportunities, or send us e-mail.
When you provide personal information to us through our website, it will be used to fulfill your specific request.
We will never release, sell, or trade your personal information to third parties unless you have authorised us, or we are legally required to do so.
When you voluntarily offer any feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or similar, we will treat that information as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and may utilise such information for informational, educational, or promotional purposes such as frequently asked questions lists or product/service testimonials.
Our website collects some generic information automatically; this is statistical information only. The data gathered lets us know when and how much traffic a web page gets. Internet IP addresses are also logged for security purposes.
This information does not include visitor identities or any personal data, and we will never combine this generic information with any personal information.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of physical or mental health conditions.
- Details of your driving licence.
Users consent to CMCL processing data relating to them for legal, personnel, administrative and management purposes and in particular to the processing of any sensitive personal data as defined in the Act relating to the user including, but not limited to, information about the user's physical or mental health or condition.
CMCL may make such information available to those who provide products or services to CMCL (such as advisers and payroll administrators), regulatory authorities, governmental or quasi-governmental organisations and potential purchasers of the CMCL or the business.
The user consent to the transfer of such information to CMCL's business contacts outside the European Economic Area in order to further their business interests even where the country or territory in question does not maintain adequate data protection standards.
By ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your sensitive data, you agree to CMCL's use of your sensitive personal data in the ways stated above.
Hosted website and third-party services
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses of information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
By ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, you agree that CMCL can use your details for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of your informaton
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the
UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Cornwall Mobility Centre Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.